Probably you have heard that Estonia is a digital society. You will interact with the State through the State Portal www.eesti.ee and your "key" is your ID-card that you will get with your residence permit (non-EU citizens) or after registration of your place of residence (EU citizens).
The Estonian State Portal www.eesti.ee is a secure Internet environment through which Estonian residents can easily access the State’s e-services and information. It contains articles on how to resolve important or frequently occurring issues (such as applying for family benefits) and advice on what to do in certain situations (such as where to turn to if the neighbours are making a racket in the middle of the night).
The topics in the State Portal www.eesti.ee are the following:
- Republic of Estonia - Official information about the Republic of Estonia, including the full text of the constitution, institutions of the President, the Government and the Parliament, Legislature, Finances and State Budget, Foreign Relations and International Agreements, National Defence, Court etc.
- Health and care - health and medical care, food and consumer product safety, occupational health
- Pensions and allowances - benefits and allowances (incl parental benefits, receiving sickness benefit, unemployment unsurance), pensions
- Family - marriage, registration of cohabitation, pregnancy and early childhood, the pre-school child, parentless children and safety of children, working or studying parents, state monetary assistance for families with children, property relations within the family, changing names, pet, registration of a death and funerals
- Work and labor relations - working bases, working and rest time, unemployment or seeking employment, representing employees
- Citizenship and documents - personal identity documents and applying for them, citizenship, e-residency, residence permit for foreign nationals
- Traffic - vehicles and right to drive, traffic management
- Education and Research - general education, vocational and higher education, education abroad, national defence education, science and libraries
- Consumer Protection - consumer protection in Estonia and in the European Union, consumer, consuming, consumer information
- Money and Property - taxation and currency, ownership and property, protection of ownership
- Legal advice - the Legal system, Legal assistance, Contracts, Crime and Punishments, Succession and bequest
- Culture and Leisure - Leisure time, Culture
- Housing and Environment - Waste, waste handling and management, Nature protection, Land and Forest, Services related to housing, a secure home, finding a place to live, Environment